This is a way of connecting to the internet using your mobile phone as a modem, your phone has to be Bluetooth enable phone or USB support phone before you can use it.
1. A GPRS, Bluetooth, and USB enable phone, and its cable.
2. A PC suit for the mobile phone you want to use that is PC suit software, e.g: Nokia PC suit for Nokia phones, Samsung PC suit for Samsung phones etc. 3. A GPRS sim card.
Using USB Cable.
1. Install the PC suit of the phone you want to use.
2. Inset your GPRS enable sim card to your GPRS and USB enable mobile phone.
3. Connect your phone to your PC through USB cable after installing the PC suit software in your computer.
4.In your computer, click on the “PC suit shortcut icon” and wait for sometime your phone will be driven and ready to use.
5. Click on “Get Connected” and choose “Cable” as your connection mode after your phone is connected you will know it by watching the ball icon of you PC suit which is located at the system tray of your PC (the bottom turn from red to green means connected).
6. Click and open the PC suit then click on “Connect to the internet a small window call ‘One Touch Access’ will displayed, click on ” Settings” then you will see ‘select modem’ that is choose your device, click and chose your phone then click “Next”. 7. Select Network Operator:-
For manually configuration select “Configure the network manually” check box and click “Next” a tap will be opened containing the following:- (A). Access point:
put web.gprs.mtnnigria.net (for MTN)
internet.ng.zain.com or internet.ng.airtellive.com (for airtel) glogwap (for glo)
etisalat (for Etisalat).
Click “Next” then “Connect”
Once it is connected you will see a notification saying “Connection establish using (your phone) and bellow the notification you will see “connected” then you are ready to go click on your internet browser surf the web at your finger tip after you done with browsing disconnect the connection and close all opened windows.
If your computer does not come with Bluetooth you have to purchase the external one that is USB Bluetooth from the vendors.
1. Inset the Bluetooth to the USB Port of your computer and wait for some time you will see a notification “found new device” then the device will be automatically install and give you a notification ” Your device is successfully installed
2. Inset the Bluetooth of your computer to the USB Port of your computer and switch on the Bluetooth of your mobile phone. 3. Go to the Bluetooth of your computer and open it.
4. Scroll to the Bluetooth rainbow on your computer and click to search for the device.
5. After the device is found, right click on the device and click on “refresh services” to refresh the device.
6. Right click on the device and click on “pair device” to pair the device using the same password.
7. Right click on the device and scroll to “connect” to connect the phone and the computer through “Bluetooth dial-up network service” and accept the connection by pressing “yes key” on your phone. 8. Click on dial to dial the connection to connect to the internet.
9. After the network have connected to the internet, the dial-up connection will display “Bluetooth dial-up is no connected” then you can start browsing the internet through your internet browser.
If you are done on browsing, disconnect the network connection and close all opened windows.