In every society, a married couple or one want to get married must first of all know and understand the definition, meaning and the rules of marriage. We must know that marriage is not a kiddies play neither a contract as most people think. The subject “Marriage” is not a subject to play with. Playing with marriage is like someone playing with fire.
WHAT IS MARRIAGE?
Marriage is a sacred institution, instituted, blessed and protected by God. Though it is regard as the only way for the members of the opposite sex to live together. I will emphasize more on this some day but let’s get to the business of the day, “THE RULES OF MARRIAGE”
As marriage has its objective so its has its rules, the rule are what sustain any matrimonial home so any one who is into or planned to get into marriage must I repeat “must” know the rules that guides a successful marriage and home. The following are the rules of marriage:-
1. Never bring back the mistakes of the past, stop criticizing others or it will come back to you. (Luke 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.)
2. Learn to forgive and forget
Ephesians 4.26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Matthew 6.14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mark 11.25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
This one of the thing we lack in our marital homes one cannot forgive an others mistake forgetting that no one is above a mistake. One man once say some thing “there are two group of people that I will never employ,
Someone who has never made a mistake before and someone who made the same mistake two time.”
When I asked him why? He says “Someone who has never made a mistake before is more than a fool, if he/she want to make a mistake he/she will double it.’ And someone who make the same mistake the second time will never learn from his mistakes and will do it forever.”
3. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.(Mark 8:36 8.36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?)
This is what our couples practicing now they are fun of neglecting each other over a little misunderstanding one will wait for one to talk to him/her and so if one fail to do so the other fail as well and then from a little misunderstanding to a bigger issue.
4. Never go to sleep with unsettle argument and don’t sin by letting anger gain control of you. (Ephesians 4:20 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:)
5. At least once in a day try to say something complementary to your spouse (Prov. 15:4 15.4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.)
6. Never meet without an affectionate welcome (Songs of Solomon 1.2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.)
7. “For richer or poorer”- rejoice in every moment that God has given you together (Prov. 15.17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.)
8. If you have a choice between making yourself or your spouse look good, choose your spouse (Prov. 3.27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.)
9. If they are breathing your mate will eventually offend you. Learn to forgive as I said earlier. (Luke 17.3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.)
10. Don’t faith, the bible or God as a hammer (John 3.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.)
11. Let love be your guide post (1 Cor. 13.4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
.5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;). Be free t ask your question or contribution BBM 2115B009